Old 10-15-2012, 02:55 AM
Edie

Originally Posted by meanmom View Post
I don't have a barn but I really want a barn quilt. I am trying to decide if I dare hang one on the front of my house. I got a Nancys Notions catalog this week. They have the one's that are cut out of metal and are black at a good price. I would like to hang it on the front of my garage up near the peak of the roof. I want ot put a colorful one in the back on my patio. The only problem is I can't decide what blick to make.
That's where I hung mine--on the garage - near the peak, right in the middle of the Capitol City of Minnesota - St. Paul. My mother is from Monroe, Wisconsin. Didn't know about the barn quilts there until I saw this!!!!!! I am going to make one for her - Card Tricks - her favorite block. I made one for my sister "Bear Tracks", for their lake home. They have bears on their property all the time. Hey, why can't we, in the city, have a barn quilt, too, right? I get a lot of compliments on it. My only problem is I can never remember the name of the block and I'll be darned if I'll take out a ladder and climb up and look at the back to see what the name is (at least I did that and date it)! Every quilter should have one on their home or garage so we get to know who you are!!!!! Edie

Last edited by Edie; 10-15-2012 at 02:57 AM.