Old 10-15-2012, 03:37 AM
romanojg

Last yr my husband (notice I don't use DH, that doesn't apply anymore) walked out to spend more time with the bottle because I wouldn't let him do it at home. Things were tight but I was making it so I treated myself for a "used" (only 7hours) machine, a Viking Ruby. Got the full benefits from the LQS. I've been taking classes and loving embroidery so much and in May I bought the 5D Pro software so that I could learn more. I figured I was good to go for a few yrs. Well in class this past Mon they were sharing with us the new things from the Viking convention, the new Ruby Deluxe, a couple other new Opals. Great features on these 3 machines but not tempting. Then, she got me. The Diamond Deluxe, it was a used from convention and instead of paying 9,000 I could get it for 6,500 and then with my trade in of my Ruby it was down to 3,000. It came with free designer luggage and all the bells and whistles. That was such a no brainer for me. Yes, it'll still be tight for a little longer now but this machine is so great and I'm sure it'll get me thru until my house is paid off in about 5yrs. I thought the Ruby and even new Ruby Deluxe had great features, the more I read on this its amazing what it can do and now I can use thier largest hoop. Even though the Ruby had some great hoops. When I was telling my sister how bad I was, she said that I deserved it. That I don't do anything like going out, drinking or any other vices. I finally got a pretty good stash so that I don't have to run to the store with each project. I did some sewing for a lady and then answered to some free fabric on CL and wow, I had a decent stash, for me anyways. I don't need to see bolts and bolts of fabric to make me happy. I've learned where to get thread on sale for the embroidery part and how to buy so that I'm not spending more than needed. I figured that my machine has been in constant use since I got it, mainly the embroidery part and I've been using my other machine for piecing. It's not a dust collector like some have stated about their emb machine; that was my promise to myself when I got it, to use it. Now I'm going to start using the new one more for piecing and making clothes; that's my new promise. As long as you use it I think it's great. I'm hoping that I can start making money from the embroidery part but no matter what I'm going to enjoy it. What's life if you can't enjoy the extra things from time to time. It's not being greedy. I'd say, go and get it, especially but not because you have family support.