View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 11:45 AM
nanna-up-north

Default Oh NO!! I've done it again

What is the matter with me? I don't need another sewing machine ... I already have 2 Vikings, and 3 FWs. Well, you'll have to up the numbers because I bought a couple more machines this morning.

The Viking is a Cl 21 A. Does anyone know how old this one is? I don't know where to look for a serial # and don't know where a chart is that tells the age. It runs but really needs a good cleaning..... it was sitting on a sewing stool for I don't know how many years.... I'd say quite a few. It is laboring to sew so she'll get cleaned before I try anything on her. The lady had to search for the case but found it with the table that covers the open arm. There was a white box with attachments, etc. And the manual was in the sewing stool.... I got those, too. There are some rubber looking spots (3 on top and 1 at the front of the motor) that I'm wondering are for grease? It doesn't say anything about them in the oiling section of the manual. But why are they there?

The FW is 1955 and has that modern looking stenciling.... very cool! It works, has the bobbin case, is in a case but doesn't have any additional attachments...... except...... a zigzagger....YEAH! I've been wanting a zigzagger. There is a box with 4 extra cams, too.

I gave the woman my name and number and ask her to call if she finds any more sewing stuff as she cleans out the 3generation house..... I really wanted to stay and help her because she was really overwhelmed!! And the estate sale doesn't start till Friday so she has time to find some really cool things, I figure.

Where is Charlee's 12 step program... I need it badly!!

Nanna
Attached Thumbnails sew.jpg   sew2.jpg   sew3.jpg