View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 04:17 PM
KittyKate

Back from visiting the Grandchildren and teaching 8YO Granddaughter to hand sew. Fun!!
Thanks for your welcome to this site Nagi and lovelyl.

Sew.....Day 2 at home, took the motor off.....easy as pie.
Thanks Joe.
The light was attached to motor. Saved the screw carefully and all is labelled and stored safely.

Cleaned and oiled the old girl and readjusted the belt to fit without the motor.
I am still waiting for my bits from Classic sew to arrive so I tried the Elna darning foot I have from my Lotus SP and had a play on a placemat size sandwich.
With the stitch length set to zero the tension was much better affording a more balanced stitch.
In my cleaning I had altered the level of the presser bar and the sandwich moved more easily.
The rhythm of treadling set a more sedate pace and the stitches were quite regular.
I am aiming for 10 to the inch. A work in progress!!
I need more practice as my flames looked more like stalagmites with rounded ends. LOL!
A bigger needle may help too as the thread, a variegated King Tut top and bottom, shredded after a while.
Doesn't happen with straight line quilting.
For the life of me I can't remember what I am using......will try a 90/14 topstitch as see how that goes.
Waiting now for my bits to arrive and give it another whirl.
Also need to grease the foot plate.
By late evening there was an awful screaming coming from down there and no doubt it was time to stop my straight line quilting and get to bed..

Yes. I love this site full of advice, tips and inspiration.

Last edited by KittyKate; 10-15-2012 at 04:35 PM.