Old 10-15-2012, 04:20 PM
nanna-up-north

You had to tell her. You're the expert and she respects your opinion. If you didn't say anything you wouldn't be much of a friend. Besides, auctions are places where you have to make split second decisions. My DH and I love going to auctions and have gotten some fantastic bargains but we've made a mistake or two as well. It happends. I'm sure she will be a little disappointed but lesson learned and for sure, she won't make that mistake again.

Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
[ATTACH=CONFIG]370100[/ATTACH]Ok this is just sad. My girl friend called me so excited. She'd found a Singer sphinx at an auction. It had been auctioned off before she had a chance to view the machine. She talked an "antique" dealer who had just paid $50 for the machine to sell it to her for $90. She thought it was so pretty that she was willing to give him the $40 extra. Well, she sent me a photo! Geeze, I didn't know if I should just keep my mouth shut about what she had, or tell her the truth? Anyway, I decided to tell her that she didn't have a vintage HC at all, but a modern reproduction of the original Singer model 15 with a Sphinx decal - probably made in either Taiwan or China. What do you guys think? Do you think I should not have burst her bubble?

Nancy