Old 10-15-2012, 06:13 PM
blueheavenfla

I'm afraid that my poor old heart wouldn't have continued beating if I had been the one to hear that this beauty was headed for the dump. Bless you for giving her "rebirth" into a new and better life with you. (sigh) Makes me wonder how they treat their elderly (human) family members!
Originally Posted by jljack View Post
Hi Everyone! I've been away from here for a while, due to access issues with my work computer, but appears I can get back on. Hope everyone is good. I lurk sometimes from home, and I see Charlee has had some health issues. I sent her a PM last night.

Well, I got another old Davis VF1...it's probably 1893. I got it locally, which was amazing!! Not in great shape, but she sews well. The cabinet is damaged, so DH has some work to do. He has it clamped together right now so it won't shake apart when I treadle her. The coffin top is with it (amazingly!), but it's damaged, too, so another repair job. Overall I'm very happy with her...she came with some of her attachments and some needles and some bobbins. She was in the same family for about 85 years, and stored in a hot garage for the last 35 years. I'm glad I got to rescue her...the guy's mother was going to take her to the dump!! Here's a pic.