Old 10-16-2012, 05:56 AM
BoJangles

Ok Cathy as much as I love you and your knowledge I have to differ with the 'reproduction' or 'nostalgic' terms. I couldn't sleep last night and thought about the two terms. The 'nostalgic' does have a certain romantic notion, but to me does not describe those machines so I looked up the meaning of both terms.

Reproduce, reproduction, means the process of making a copy of something . . . . made by reproducing an original, copy, duplicate . . . etc.

Nostalgic mean a sentimental or wishful yearning for the happiness felt in a former time, place, or situation . . . a sentimental longing for the past, typically for a period or place with happy personal associations.

I know all of us could probably use either term to describe those machines that are copies of the original Singers, but to me they will always be a reproduced copy. I can't think of them as nostalgic, even though that term does sound much nicer!

Cathy you are just such a sweet person, you want the nice term used, but is it really the correct term?

Nancy