View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 08:52 AM
SereneWinter

Well the main fabric I want to use (which is the team fabric) ...most of the sellers sell it by the FQ. One lady had it listed for 14 1/2 x 12" for $20. Another person: 1 FQ for $30 & the 3rd person: 9x28 for $35 so I think the FQ price is the cheapest. ALTHOUGH she said if you buy 4 FQ you would get it uncut (4 fat quarters = 1 yard (36" x 56")) is what she has on her page. So I can technically buy yardage.

I don't min using 8" finished blocks. I was just trying to do the math simple and have a bigger quilt than 50" So I can deff go with these measurements if you don't mind helping me figure out exactly what to buy??

So from my understanding: Quilt size: 64 x72 which will be 8 blocks x 9 blocks. 72 total blocks needed by cutting 4 9" blocks from each FQ.

A few questions:... and THANK YOU for bearing with me while I learn!!!
  • Is it better to buy from yardage or FQ in this case?? (btw the mlb fabric they are selling is new/unwashed)
  • If I'm using 5 prints (Team print, 2 plain colors, baseballs print, mitts print) and if I need 18 FQ's ... this is not divisable by 5 how do I know how many of each to get? Do I just get more of 1 of them? If so I'd like to do the team one.
  • I'd honestly just rather buy the FQ online of the mlb print itself and then yardage of the other to make it easier (assuming that is easier?) yet I still don't know how much of the other 4 to get in yardage?
  • I did find 1 other fabric I like when seraching that was only 1 yard total but I emailed her to see if she has the name of the print for me.
  • SO ... how much do I need for the plain prints total & how much do I need for the prints if I get them in A. FQ's or B. how much yardage would I need if I found it in yardage?
  • Also is it ok to use flannel in the middle? A friend was saying to get flannel for the inside batting and the back too. So do I need batting and flannel? If so how much? I've left her a message but haven't heard from her yet. My husband doesnt like flannel too much so if I can use cotton on the back I think he'd like that better. If not I can use flannel.
Thank you again SO much for helping me. I swear I'm not stupid, just trying to get a good understanding of what I need.