Old 10-16-2012, 10:20 AM
jcrow

Location: Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho

This could have be written by me, except for the new quilter part. I am lacking motivation right now and have way, way, way too much stash. I have been giving away my stash because of my guilt over how much I have and how I'll never make a dent in it. I gave 14 kits to a gal on this board last year and finally made a dent. Finally. But I have whole fabric lines that I'm not crazy about anymore and am having giveaways on my blog to give some of them away so I can further reduce my stash. I've done a pretty good job so far.
But I haven't found my motivation. I was putting out quilt after quilt for so long that I think I burned out. I did my Craftsy BOMs and cut 2 1/2" strips for my binding for one of my 9 quilts that need to be bound, but didn't bind it. I told myself I couldn't do anything else until I bound all my 9 quilts. Too much to put upon myself. I have to change that. I have BOMs that I can do that I'm behind in and quilts I can pickup and complete and new ones to start, but no motivation. I go in my sewing room and can't even clean it. What is up with me? I'm like you. I don't know what to do. All I know is I'll continue to do the Craftsy BOM for sure. It might take until a snowfall for me to quilt. I love to quilt when it's snowing, so I might be reading books until then. So, you aren't the only one. And I don't know how to fix it either!