View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 02:54 PM
ckcowl
Power Poster

like many of the quilting (gadgets) on the market- they are very useful/wonderful for those who choose to spend the money & try them out- for some they just seem like- what i use now works fine....
if you cut alot of batting-they are well worth the money! if you only occassionally cut batting then, maybe they would not get used very often- I don't think $35 is at all unreasonable for new scissors- since i have little embroidery shears that cost more than that- I purchase batting by the bolt & used to struggle with rotory cutters, sewing scissors, ect...all of which did (work) but the batting scissors are a dream come true in my world!
just like i paper pieced for years without a 1/4" ruler- finally got one (someone gave me one as a gift) and now i wonder why i waited so long to spend that $7! i love it & love paper piecing all the more because of it...it was not a necessity- but it sure makes the job more pleasurable.
the batting scissors don't catch on the bottom of the batting- or snag it- i'm no longer dulling my rotory blades on batting...well worth the money