Old 10-16-2012, 03:24 PM
Kittywolf13

I cant seem to edit my post so for the purpose of others who may want to know the information i sent Archaic it was as follows:

Here are the images that i took:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]370345[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]370346[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]370347[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]370348[/ATTACH]

on the right side theres little thumbnails, click on them and it should progress through the album.

Oddly enough the actuater moves if i push from the bottom, but it doesnt move if i push from the top. but it does move the top if i push the bottom. it is tough to move and doesnt move easily. i cleaned, de-linted and oiled the bits in the bottom... but it didnt help. i thought about unscrewing... but couldnt find where to unscrew??

thanks so much for all the useful help thus far!!

Irene

- What do you mean by collar of the actuator? When the actuator (the plastic part) is moved left or right, the metal part to the right of it does move in and out. I haven't really been able to tell if it actually moves the bobbin on top like its supposed to be. if it does then its really subtle for my eye to catch while fiddling with the actuator. my guess is that its not moving that part??

- I assume the actuator is on tightly as it takes some effort to push it back and forth. i thought about loosening it, but i couldnt find a screw to do so? I saw the end of the screw on the right but cant seem to find its head?? how do i loosen or tighten it?

- I havent tried pushing on the actual metal part to see if that does anything. so i will try that next and i will take some pics of it straight on. (and just to be clear the actuator is the plastic part on the BOTTOM of the machine correct? and thats what you want straight on pics of correct? the top plastic bit is curved inwards and not flat. but i believe the bottom one is flat but i will take pics.)
Attached Thumbnails 758_001.jpg   758_002.jpg   758_003.jpg   758_004.jpg