Old 10-16-2012, 07:59 PM
Mizkaki

Nancy,

Goodness, I sure hope you didn't have trouble sleeping over my comments.
I see your point and do agree. I agree nostalgic isn't probably the best term, but neither is reproduction. Maybe we can come up with something better.

Cathy

Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
Ok Cathy as much as I love you and your knowledge I have to differ with the 'reproduction' or 'nostalgic' terms. I couldn't sleep last night and thought about the two terms. The 'nostalgic' does have a certain romantic notion, but to me does not describe those machines so I looked up the meaning of both terms.

Reproduce, reproduction, means the process of making a copy of something . . . . made by reproducing an original, copy, duplicate . . . etc.

Nostalgic mean a sentimental or wishful yearning for the happiness felt in a former time, place, or situation . . . a sentimental longing for the past, typically for a period or place with happy personal associations.

I know all of us could probably use either term to describe those machines that are copies of the original Singers, but to me they will always be a reproduced copy. I can't think of them as nostalgic, even though that term does sound much nicer!

Cathy you are just such a sweet person, you want the nice term used, but is it really the correct term?

Nancy