Thread: Does it matter?
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 04:21 AM
MTS
Banned

You do realize that the digest is not the most recent threads created, but a random listing chosen by some automated program?
Who knows what the algorithm is that selects them?

So by the time you get the digest, yes, the threads might have been on the board for a day already (if not more).
Not to mention ALL the threads that aren't on the digest.
I've never understood its appeal.

If you access the board via this link, all the threads in each category are listed in most recent order started.
http://www.quiltingboard.com/sitemap/

When you click on a thread, the title on the list should change color, marking it as "read" so you'll always know which ones you've already accessed.

You can get to the main board, if you want, but those threads are presented based on the most recent post.

I think most people that view the board via the above link use it not just to be early or first posters (although it appears that way, myself included), but because it's the most efficient way to view the majority of content on the board.

If a thread is of interest, you can comment or subscribe to it it you want to follow the conversation.
But if you open it up and it's of no interest, you never have to see if again, as it will just make it's way to the bottom of the page.

I don't start threads, so I can't respond to that.
If I did, of course, I'd read every post.

As for commenting, if it hasn't already been said 400 times, I'll comment.
If I love a quilt picture and it's already up to 10 of comments, I'll still comment.
But if I decided to comment on a thread, I ALWAYS read ALL the existing posts first.

Last edited by MTS; 10-17-2012 at 04:34 AM.