Old 10-17-2012, 04:54 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
How about Rocky Mountain Quilt Museum Collection by Judie Rothermel? From my web searches, this fabric is 1880 reproduction not Civil War. Be that as it may, I have used some in my FWS not knowing these were not CW reproductions. I think that there has been so many "reproduction" fabrics on the market recently, that shop owners/retailers get confused of the time lines involved.
I wasn't talking to the Ladies in the store, so the only confusion was self-induced! You see I've never paid any attention to fabric lines, designers, and selvedge edges etc. til I came to the QB ... and I obviously didn't pay enough attention to this one! I know for sure it wasn't Rocky Mountain ... as with our Rockies it would have rung a bell in my pea brain for sure!! What did stick was Wyndham Fabrics , as we have a Wyndham Street here.

Of course, if I'd only done a few googles (too obvious, I guess!) ........ so I guess Wyndham was really Windham ...
http://www.windhamfabrics.net/cgi-bi...op/gallery.cgi

And looks like the stuff probably was the real Cat's Meowwwwww

Curious?? ... what would you normally pay for the fabric?

Most here is about $16 (per metre, not yard) and in Menno shops, maybe $13-$14 .... but when you see $7.99 ... you suspect it is a "cheap" fabric (or it's been hugely marked down). And I think that's why I didn't pay much attention as I know this store often has super cheap flimsy cottons that I don't want ... and not so much LQS quality.

**mumbles to self**
**not that I need more fabric!**

Should I check it out when I next pass by?