Old 10-17-2012, 07:06 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
Oh I never thought in terms of elegant!! Thanks Evie. I am far from being an elegant person, more of a down to earth modern peasant! HaHa. Yes putting on point does give elegance to a quilt, as well. I wonder if it's because set on the square the block looks solid and stable like walking in a good pair of lace up shoes, whereas on point it's like tripping around in high heels. And I haven't thought that far as to putting the quilt together!

As fabric here is around $9-$12 a yard, the $8 yardage is equivalent to around $5 or 6 here. First and foremost, did you like it? Check the hand and drape of it--do you like the feel of it? You've handled enough fabric to know if it's good quality so make your decision from there.
Like I said ... not that I need any!

It was just the intrigue, as I don't think I've ever seen "official" CW fabrics here!
I know a few stores have done the CW BOM ... but of course that's in kits and so I would never see it in the store.

And no, I didn't handle it as I just wasn't thinking at the time about it ... I had gone on a mission to get something, in the other part of the store, and they no longer have it! I was so disappointed and lost.