Old 10-17-2012, 07:56 AM
carriem

I have a friend who is working on a GFG...she says it will be her "nursing home project" since she'll never get it done with all the other things she needs todo. I think she is using 1 1/2".

I have done crochet since I was little...my great grandmother taught me when I was less than 10 how to just do a chain. Then after I got married (at 18) I visited her with my oldest dd to get "lessons" on reading patterns and learning new stitches. She would have been 91 or 92 (died at 93 less than a month after our 2nd child was born). Probably a year or so after Gr. Grandma died, my grandma gave me Gr G'ma's crochet hooks and the book I learned from...these things are very special to me and I am SO glad that I took the time to spend a few hours each week with her during her last few years. I know that she was happy to visit and see her great-great granddaughter too!

Probably 5 yrs ago I taught myself how to knit. I started a scarf but never finished it. My youngest dd has been crocheting and we were looking for some more yarn and I came across it...I couldn't remember how to knit, so will have to find the book and re-learn!