Thread: Does it matter?
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 08:45 AM
MTS
Banned

Originally Posted by Dina View Post
I don't get the digest form but go to Main and read the different threads. I don't understand though...does that mean I see all the threads or just some of them?
The thing about reading from the Home Main page on the QB is that you have to wade through all the threads that you've already read, and already decided you weren't interested in.
And you might miss the one really relevant one (to you) that perhaps didn't get a lot of posts (so it will just drop off).
It could be on page 4 - so you'll probably never see it.

Viewing from the QB Forum home page just lists, by section, the threads with the most recent posts.
So if someone posts to a thread that's been dormant for 2 years, it is no at the top of the Main page.

Realistically, there are ~15 new posts on a given day in a forum.
So even if you don't see it right away, but view it hours later, your post will probably on the first or second page, because the majority is viewing through the home page OR reading via the digest.
Which means they don't even know the thread exists.

Originally Posted by Dina View Post
I always read every answer on a thread before I comment, but now I understand why sometimes I get a question that I have already answered on threads I have started. I never thought of skipping to the end to add a comment. Duh. Now it makes sense.Dina
Do not even get me started on this ubiquitous practice

Last edited by MTS; 10-17-2012 at 08:48 AM.