Old 10-17-2012, 10:02 AM
gardnergal970

Boy, Quilte you really started some chatter. You wouldn't have to make an entire GMF. It's like eating an elephant...one bite at a time. Start with one block and see is the flower grows. It is a nice way to use up scraps...just stay consistent in each flower. This is one of my favorite blocks. I actually have some that my DGM pieced oh so many years ago that my DD has spoken for since she knows I probably won't finish them. That's because they are hand pieced and nothing quite fits if you know what I mean. OKSewglad, I did see one made with three quarter or inch pieces. It was stunning to say the least.
I appreciate all your comments on the 7700 but today I took the car to the shop and there was a family emergency and both came to more than half the cost of the machine which really underscored my decision not to buy it. At this point in my life, the last thing I need is debt.
Here is the promised pic of my FART on Monday. I really enjoyed laying them out again. At the shop there is always the nagging question about choices but this morning without that, I got really excited about how they look together. The piece in the background is the background so there will be a lot of that. The only 2 that aren't KT are the right light prints which I need for the Log Cabin setting blocks. There is nothing really light in the KT line!!![ATTACH=CONFIG]370528[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails photo-43.jpg  

Last edited by gardnergal970; 10-17-2012 at 10:04 AM.