Old 10-17-2012, 12:23 PM
ArchaicArcane

Originally Posted by irishrose View Post
Cleaned up and healthy, she turned out to be half American Eskimo and half coyote. The same doctor thought it was funny. Those two had a great time.
Wait,..there's a way to tell if they're part coyote? We've long suspected that with our female dog. (supposedly a Husky Shepherd cross) The male was advertised as a Husky collie cross, but when I took him (at about 4 yrs old) to be neutered, they said Malamute collie cross, but that never seemed quite right either. He'd been a sled dog up north until his hips got too bad to run anymore, and was sent down here. That's how we found him. You should have seen him eat a salmon! We were told they were fed that way up north, so we tried it a time or two. The first time without bones. I don't think he chewed once. The second time with, he actually ate around them like the original owners said he would. A couple of years after he passed, we were at a wildlife sanctuary. There was a pack of wolves there, and we both swore that we were watching our male. All of the mannerisms were right. The lanky build for a wolf looked more like him than any Mal (or Husky) I ever saw did. And the prey drive. Holy cow.