View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 12:34 PM
Sewze

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
Cindy I am RED with envy. I wanted my next quilt to be a red white quilt but hadnt purchased all my fabrics yet just two and not 1.3 yards. I was sort of hoping to hear 1.25 might work for D or some good news like that. I have one could be set, two almost sets with four differrent fabrics I guess I go back through the bins all two of them, pull anything 1.3 yrds or bigger put t on the table and see if something pops out at me. I am fortunate for the gift fabrics I receive but they are usually left overs from quilts etc. I have a TON of red/white polka dots. However they are the cut outs say from someone who made mass little girl dresses ? its the neck cut out portion of fabric but easily three yards worth if you could tape it all together... but no bigger than two hands worth at a time. so without knowing if something like this can work it goes back in the bin. I will be sew happy to watch your quilt play out. I think what the heck if I cant do it I can enjoy it from afar.
Jaba love your combo, the Christmas colors in the quilt on this page are great oh so many of them are great. I am struggling with this huge contrast but have faith that it is going to work. It sounds like its in small enough pops as there is less of the fabric than the rest or its a frame? (clues come on everyone who is good at this .. clues for the clueless?)

I have an 18" zuccinni staring at me. I think its zuccinni pancakes tonight what the heck, and the other 16 " will have to wait til tomorrow unless anyone wants some? little s/p and a dollop of sour cream they are pretty darned good all crispy.. here train riders over here! maybe if enough join me in this little treat I can use oh another 2". Last week I made two HUGE loafs with cream cheese frosting and it was only a 12" zuccini. sigh. that is one huge zuccinni. spell check. I am tired just staring at it. saw a recipe today in foodtv mag it was for mac and cheese. It had 8 or 9 cups of cheese in it. IS THAT REAL? never made it from scratch but that seems like well a ton of cheese.. bet its good but 8-9 cups.. if its non calorie and I make it can I serve that here or only sweets? let me know hate to bring the wrong thing.
Our favorite way to use up zuchinni is: place a large skillet on the stove with some(? 2-3 T) olive oil on med heat and slice up a large onion and saute til soft; slice up the zuk and add it to the sauteing onion; at this point you can also some sliced pepers (green, red, or hot) and saute til soft. When all the vegs are soft add 3 or more chopped garlic cloves and sautee until soft (not burned, unless you like them that way....I do). Meanwhile, be cooking pasta (spaghetti is great, but anything you have in the pantry will do) to al dente and drain. Place onion, zuk, etc into pasta pot and had 1/4C parma to mixture and toss....s/p along the way. Another favorite is Zuch bread.