View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 01:01 PM
JabezRose

Default Hanging quilt rack.

Didn't think I would like one, figured would be chasing it around the basement. But I did one, used dog chain, s-hooks and my quilt boards. I have a quilt on it now, half done. Decided I did like it, can push it around, out of the way when I need to get by it. I have a very short basement, only one here that can walk around down there and not whack head on heater ducts. But I do like the hanging rack. Just have to make sure the fur babies don't get up on there. Baby crip side rails and cardboard box is protecting the half I need to finish tieing. When not in use, the quilting boards, made to use on my stands, are up on a shelf. Oh yes, drilled 1/4 inch holes in the end of the two longest one and put in I bolts to hook S-hook to. Then clamp the cross boards to them, pin the quilt back on, batting and then quilt top and start tieing.

Only drawback, I have long hair and going to have to keep it braided, gets caught in the dog chain when I move around them. Would send picture, but have not learned that yet. Tech challenged.