Thread: Does it matter?
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 01:30 PM
GrannieAnnie

Originally Posted by luana View Post
What a good question. If you look at the number of replies and the number of views it is evident the many look and don't write anything. If you read all of the comments on multiple pages, you notice that some are not reading all the replies before they add to the post. When I have come to the board for advice, I have always received several very specific helpful suggestions, and I am grateful that someone took the time to help me solve a problem. When I post pictures of a finished project, I appreciate the replies that let me know that someone really looked at my work and commented on the style, detail, color, etc. or asks a question about the pattern or fabric. It is my experience that even if I ask a question on the 9th page of replies, I will get an answer from the person who posted. So I know it matters because they returned to the page to check on the replies.

I will never read all the comments before replying. I reply to as many posts as are interesting-----------------as I read them. Which is why I often have 4 or 5 or more replies end to end.