Old 10-17-2012, 01:51 PM
JackieDannenberg

Default I'm Impressed !

Three thumbs up ! GORGEOUS work !

Originally Posted by shirleyd View Post
I started in Feb. to make quilts for my 3 grandkids for Christmas gifts. They're twin size. The first is a D9P for my grandson, 22. My husband suggested I include some guy stuff so I had some remnants of the wildlife pictures I incorporated. The second for granddaughter, 16, (red, white, and black) is made from a U-tube on making tube hourglass blocks. I had written the board asking for suggestions on a red, white, and black quilt and this was one of the many suggestions I got. Thank you! The blocks were fairly easy and fun to make. The third quilt for granddaughter, 19, [ATTACH=CONFIG]370559[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]370560[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]370561[/ATTACH]is called Batik Bonanza from the book "Lots of Scraps, It's Time to Quilt." I had batiks scraps but did have to buy some. I love the bright colors. This quilt was the most time-consuming to make. Rated intermediate. I did FMQ on all 3. I'm fairly new to FMQ and have to say I think I see improvement each time. Though I'm far from perfect at it, practice and experience sure help. Thanks to this board for all the help and encouragement!