Old 10-17-2012, 08:49 PM
Janis

Originally Posted by jljack View Post
I was called "Jan" by my whole family as long as I could remember, and so did all my friends until I was 40. When we moved to Bakersfield from the L.A. area, I started using my whole first name Janice with anyone I met. I like my name, and I don't meet many others with it. I have met 3 here in 22 years.
Long long ago when I was quite young, someone called me 'Jan' in front of my mother. She told them that my name was JANIS !!! NOT JAN. and that was the end of it. I have had very few try and call me Jan or Jannie, but it didn't stick. I do have one friend who calls me Janet, but I let her do that. She is years older than I am, and maybe didn't hear my name right the first time. I have heard of only two others that have their name spelled like mine, and my brother in law always spells my name Janice. I tell people that I am a 'Jan is', not a 'Jan ice', and usually they then remember how to spell it. On another note, one of our friends in the same group (with the one who calls me Janet,) kept calling my husband "Don', and when he finally told her that it was Charles or Chuck instead, she insisted that he was kidding. He had to show her his driver's license to prove that he was indeed Chuck and not Don.

Miriam, I'm glad that Wilbur is feeling better and glad that your son wasn't hurt any worse than he was. I'll keep you in my prayers. Your family has had a lot going on lately.

Last edited by Janis; 10-17-2012 at 08:52 PM.