View Single Post
Old 10-13-2009, 07:30 PM
quid_pro_quo

Location: From Toledo, OH but currently residing in Miami, FL

Hello! I'm a new-ish quilter and brand-spanking new to this board. I have absolutely no training or instruction of any kind in making quilts or, really, sewing in general -- but I'm not letting my total ignorance stand in my way.

I'm sewing on a Brother ES-2000. I bought a walking foot online from an authorized dealer and made sure that this foot was compatible with my machine. The foot didn't come with any instructions for attaching, so I *think* I figured it out. Anyway, I set the foot aside for a few months because I got pregnant and got really sick, so I didn't get around to really trying it out for about 4-5 months. At which point I couldn't find the receipt from the online shop I bought it from.

To get to the point, the foot doesn't feed. The feed dogs on the foot will go all the way to the back of the foot and just stay there, they do not extend on their own. I've tried making sure that the feed dogs are all teh way forward when I start, but within 2-3 stitches, they hit the back of the foot and stay there. So the few times I've used, I'm physically dragging the fabric through (not something I would recommend!).

I can't figure out if the foot is broken/defective or if I am an idiot. Can anyone with a little more knowledge shed some light on this for me? Thanks in advance!