View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 11:09 PM
GrannieAnnie

Originally Posted by stillclock View Post
i love my brother a whole whole lot, but he doesn't really get quilting. that's fair, but in spite of his general lack of enthusiasm and appreciation the time has come to make him one.

ha.

so do you have any favorite patterns for the men you love?

looking at google image search, what seems to mark "manly" quilts are either predominantly grey fabrics or overtly "manly" fabrics (fish, hunting prints, john deere etc.)

my brother hates the outdoors and really would not appreciate a playful sports quilt. he's urban, way way cooler than me and has an elegance in his tastes that would indicate modern quilting as a preference over more trad designs.

i am leaning towards storm at sea in blues and greys, but i really want to fish the board first. give me your best and most favorite ideas!

cheeers!

aileen

I don't think the quilt pattern matters so much as the colors used. Does he live close enough that you see him often and know what colors he wears? That's what I'd use as a judge--------or look at his bedroom and follow his decorating.

Storm at Sea is probably my all time favorite. There are so many prints and batiks available that a "manly" quilt should be no problem.