Old 10-18-2012, 06:22 AM
quiltingweb

I'm such a goof. I have all the machines into the house now. Franklin and his cabinet have not yet been reunited. I imagine myself sitting at my treadle, in the living room, sewing along quietly while the family enjoys a movie or TV show....isn't it funny how our vision can clash with reality?

I've been thinking about quilting lately. I have seen some AMAZING quilting and think to myself that I will NEVER be that good. I take a deep breath and go on. I had a thought. Some quilts are masterpieces from the beginning, others become masterpieces after a lifetime of being dragged around, cuddled in and loved. I'll work on the latter. I just want my quilts to be used, loved and dragged around.

I reconnected with a boyfriend from college. I made him a quilt back than. Nothing special, big blocks, tied, thick batting. When I talked to him after about 25 years, he said that he had just given up his quilt. He used it all those years, much to the dismay of his wife. It had finally gone to the dog's bed. Somehow, that made me very happy. When I heard that, I made him a new one. I hope this new one lasts as long and is loved as much.