View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 06:27 AM
gates136

Thanks Pumpkin Patch Quilter, The look of it was one of the biggest reason I bought it. I'm not a huge sewer but I love tinker with making things & my daughter who is 13 loves to sew. Now that we are homeschooling her I am trying to come up with some neat projects that will teach her too.

I think I have check out Treadle On, will have to check them out again & see what info they have. As for ISMACS.net I look at their site & they really didn't have a lot, but I also asked to join their site so maybe I will be able to get/find some more info.

I will have to look at the fact that it might have been manufactured by Domestic - I would think that it would say that somewhere on the machine. My husband says it's got to be from the 1950s because of the case - he says the vinyl is classic 1950s. I told him that that doesn't mean that the machine is that old. I have an old Remington that my mother bought me back in 1999 at a Salvation Army Store for $5.00 in Michigan that was in a portable case then in 2008 I found another machine (can't remember the make/model) that was in a cabinet at an estate sale where I know live & since my hubby gave me cash for my mother's day present I bought it for $40 brought it home & change the 2 machine's out since I didn't like the way the one in the cabinet sewed. I liked my old Remington better.

I am having to try to find a belt that will fit my White before I can try it out but if it sews as good as what a lot of people that own them say my old Remington might not get used as often. I have been reading about all the different "foot" attachments that can be used with the White Number 8 and find that some would come in very handing for the things I do on my machine.