Thread: QB Scrap
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 09:19 AM
Tashana

Default QB Scrap

Since i joined the QB I learned so much from all of you. Thank you! For this reason, I made a quilt called QB Scrap in which I applied everything I learned from this board

- If you are using cotton fabrics together with poly/cotton blend wash the cotton fabric first even if you are not a pre-washer. Otherwise the cotton will shrink, the poly blend will not and you will end up with weird looking quilt, squished in some places, and stretched in others.
- Learn from your (or my) mistakes, do not buy poly blend even if it is $0.99 yard
- No piece of fabric is too small to save and use in another project (and I am not a hoarder)
- Sew scraps on the cashier tape and use as strips in other projects.
- Strips do not have to be even to be used in quilts
- Quilting police does not exist - I am the living proof of it
- Thereis no such a thing as ugly fabric. You just may have to cut it in small pieces to like it
- FMQis fun! There is no rule that says that in meandering lines cannot cross.
-
Save your knees, use Elmer’s school glue for basting AND dry it with iron, otherwise you may end up with a UFO
-
Spraystarch is your best friend
- When sewing strips, change directions all the time or you WILL end up with bowedstrips. In that case use the spray starch
- Batting counts! I used to buy the cheapest, nastiest bagged batting in existence and then I took your advice (and 60% off coupon) and bought Warm and Natural and never looked back.
-
2.5”binding strips look good and it is easier to attach them at the back
-
Finishing binding by hand makes you quilt look awesome
-
When mitering the corners, DO leave that 1/4” unstitched after you fold, or you corners will not be mitered
- Walkaway from your quilt if you are frustrated or get a really good seam ripper and prepare to join the frog quire – rip-it, rip-it!
- If a quilt is not your cup of tea (like this one for example) take into account that we all have different ways of expressing our creativity.
-
Appliqué is great for covering oups! areas
-
Log cabin, is not as easy as it looks, and not as hard as you may think
- Sign your quilts with Pigma pen

- It is possible to load pictures on QB….I am sure of it

[ATTACH=CONFIG]370776[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]370778[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]370779[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails photo.jpg   photo-2-.jpg   label.jpg