View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012, 02:51 AM
Edie

Originally Posted by adnil458 View Post
After my neighbor vacuumed leaves in the common area, he let me use his machine...which led to cutting bushes, hostas, etc. haven't even had time to get on board or sew a stitch. It is so beautiful outside in the Carolinas. Life is good
Garden work or anything else never keeps me from sewing. EXCEPT------I had the quilt all put together and was in the process of tying it down - mistake - one row on the block was upsidedown. I looked at it - "Only God is perfect". That didn't work. "Nobody will notice it". That didn't work. So I let it sit there with the block staring me straight in the face and I could not do anything with that quilt -- not in good conscience, that is. So, for two days I took that block out of between the sashing, corrected the row in the block, put everything all back and I pinned it back down and it is all ready to begin tying again. I learned that by saying "Only God is perfect" is an insult to Him. I learned that I am supposed to be in His likeness and He wouldn't sluff off a mistake by blaming God! So, it is ready for me to tie the quilt down now. Would have yesterday, but grandkids took precedence! There is a little mistake in it - one of the points is not spot on, but I can live with that!!!!!!

So, off to grocery shopping now and then home to sit and sew for a while. Enjoy the day. Edie