Old 10-19-2012, 06:08 AM
sligman

Default Filling in letters on fabric with regular sewing machine HELP!!!!!

Im making a thanksgiving dresden turkey wallhanging, and I want to put Happy Thanksgiving going down both sides of the turkey since theres no room at the top or bottom for that and binding. But Im trying to gather as much info as I can on how and if I can transfer those letters onto the fabric (which ive already done) and then some how fill it in with either a satin stitch or a very tight zigzag stitcg. But I bought the satin foot it should be here on the 22nd. and I LOVE the way that looks better then the zig zag but is it possible. or should I use a free motion darning foot to do it. Also ive seen that when using a regular sewing machine to embroidery you use a regular hand embroidery hoop to keep the fabric taunt and have control over it better. Any suggestions on this matter would be greatly appreciated. Im still alittle confused over the whole thing ive been doing reseach on this for awhile and its not too much about it on the web thats why Im wondering if it can even be done. Thanks peeps