View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012, 06:23 AM
Amythyst02

Originally Posted by ragquilter View Post
I commenting to my daughter today, if we should check into UPS of Fed Ex. Does anyone know if they are cheaper? I got a weird one a few days ago when I shipped a quilt and the clerk said we had changed the shape of the box. It was okay if it bulged but that it had to meet on top. We hadn't changed anything but the pack of boxes we got looked like they had been dropped a few times so one of the corners was beat up. I'll have to remember not to tape the envelopes anymore.
I cannot comment on Fed Ex, but I sure can on UPS. When I was shipping books out last time, I thought I would save some time, and hit the UPS office since its just around the corner. Wow was I in for a surprise. They were almost triple what the PO was charging. But since I was already there and in a hurry I sent them out anyway. But never again. I also had sold a carosel on ebay, and I boxed it myself. Went to the UPS store they wanted $25 to ship!! I had sold it for $25, so I would make no money on it. I loaded it all back up in the car, and went to the PO who charged me $5 or so, and even gave me some bubble wrap things to throw in there free of charge (UPS wanted to charge me for these). So I do very little business with the UPS store now. I do realize they are independently owned and they have to make a profit too, but geez I think they were a bit over board.