View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012, 08:17 AM
ArchaicArcane

Originally Posted by quiltgal View Post
I think that it is worth your while to repair the original bobbin case, if you can! I recently had a customer email me about the stock #45750 (older Featherweight bobbin case) and the #45751 (sort of newer Featherweight bobbin case). Did a little research and my 38 and 48 have the #45750 which maybe ever so slightly different from the #45751 which my 52 has. So we know that Singer changed the stock number and was putting it in as they built the later machines. She said that she had purchased a #45751 replacement on line (not from me though I sell them) and it did not fit her machine. So, I grabbed a #45750 and a #45751, but could not see any difference myself. All I can say right now, is that the #45751 sticks and is hard to remove when put into the machine that has the #45750 bobbin case.
Thanks for that Kathleen! I wonder if that's why we often hear that another bobbin case might not fit your FW as well as the original, even if it's a Singer BC.

Wow,..I just looked up my cost on that bobbin case. $50 if you can get it is a deal.

I will get on those pics later today.