View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012, 12:59 PM
SisterJudy

Default New to the Quilting Board

Hi, I am a very long time quilter but one who is learning all over again. I suffered a stroke at the age of 52 2 years ago. with the help of the Lord & rehab, I am much better but I still have a lot of memory loss. Still weak on my left side, but I thank God for where He has brought. My daughters being the good daughters they are, had hidden my sewing machine until this year. I am determined to learn all over again. I had started quilting at the age of 18. Always hand never machine. but I am thinking piecing my blocks on my Pfaff might be better until I am more steady. Any suggestions on a simple block. I am married to my coal miner husband(of 38years) , mother of 3 grown girls , nana of 5, a Christian for over 25 years. We live in the wonderful mountains of Eastern Ky. I used to be a busy crafter, seamtress, quilter but after the stroke not so much. Looking forward to good advice from patient quilters. I am a mess but I am trying. With your help, I hope to be active in quilting again.. Thanks Sister Judy