Old 10-20-2012, 01:54 AM
ckcowl
Power Poster

as long as you are able to sew a consistant 1/4" seam- tend to be fairly accurate- you should be able to make the quilt. if you tend to be on the (impatient) side of personality traits you may want to start with something a bit different- but as long as you can go slowly, sew precisely, and (follow) along you should be find. everyone has their own (learning curve) my first quilt was quite extreme, i know intermediate/advanced quilters who still don't want to tackle what i did for my first- but it worked out ok for me...you need to know yourself and your tendancies- if you tend to be a bit more (impatient- consistancy not your cup of tea) a simple patch work may be a better choice to start with- I would jump in & make that one though...
since it's a jelly roll quilt- do you plan to purchase pre-cut strips? or cut your own? if cutting your own-you also have to be capable of cutting accurately-
if purchasing jelly rolls, know that even pre-cuts are not always accurate (few people are really perfect-in spite of what they may believe)
I like the pattern & hope you make it & show us pictures of it!