Old 10-20-2012, 04:25 AM
meanmom

Pam the trip sounds wonderful. I could use one. My whole family goes out of town for Thanksgiving every year. We usually stay in a state park somewhere. This year we are going to Hocking Hills in eastern Ohio. I found us a couple of big houses to rent. We aren't sure how many more years we will be able to go as my parents are 88 and 85. There will be 35 of us this year. It is a lot of fun. I am always in charge of the menu and assign everyone what to bring. Fortunately they are all pretty much healthy eaters. We do a lot of hiking etc.
Anastasia I have several of the Hungry Girl cookbooks. I love them. They have a lot of innovative ways to make favorite dishes cutting the fat and calories. Some of her recipes need a little more seasoning for my tastes. She also has a website you can subscribe to. She sends daily emails with recipes and new foods. She has a recipe for alfredo sauce that is really good. I add some garlic to it. I cooked it last week and my family loved it. My daughter commented that she thought I was on a diet and alfredo is bad for you. Ha ha my little secret. I did put mine on tofu shiratke noodles.
I need to get off of here. My DD and I are going to go on a segway tour today along the river. Or if the weather doesn't shape up we will go tomorrow. I have never been on a segway and have always wanted to try one.