Old 10-20-2012, 06:07 AM
nanna-up-north

Originally Posted by melinda1962 View Post
I, too, just pop in occasionally to catch up on the new machines and see what is going in. In the movie Coal Miner's Daughter, Loretta Lynn says as she is collapsing onstage, a line that refers to how she isn't running her life, her life is running her. Sometimes my life is running me bigtime, especially since we lost Mama, and her illness before. I guess my life is trying to tell me that life is going on, and at a fast pace. Sewing projects keep popping up that are pretty cool, and my daughter is determined to put me back into the sewing business. Earlier in my life, I "sewed for the public" and did some alterations and bridesmaid type things, but scheduling fittings and such got to be a nightmare, so she thinks something in the quilt world will work. We will see. Glad Miriam's folks are better and not too injured. Neat old machines have appeared. Good restorations everyone. On the new Sphinx, late to respond, it is just what it is...a newer machine with traits from the old one. Like how car makers used the similar tail lights and body styles from the old muscle cars (Mustangs, Chargers, etc.) It was just so cool, had to use it again.
Melinda, hope you can figure out a way for life to slow down a little. I'm retired now but often wonder at how I did all the things I did when working. I know I couldn't do it all now..... getting older has its blessings and struggles.