View Single Post
Old 10-20-2012, 06:40 AM
onaemtnest

Hi Deb, From personal experience...our winter home was in AZ until we sold it a few years ago. I from firsthand experience know that rulers will warp in AZ heat. My sewing room as all our windows had sun screen film on the windows and rolling shutters and I inadvertantly left the rolling shutter up to 'just' run to the grocery store, forgetting to roll down the shutter. The filtered sunlight through the sun screen window indeed warped not only the olfa cutting mat but the 6X24 Creative Grid ruler too. Granted it was sunlight but it was winter sun....

If your home is cooled in the summer when you are not there and the rulers are hung where there is no sunlight then I think you will be fine. But if you leave the home to the heat of summer (a lot of people do) without cooling I would caution you that it might be very risky even if they are hung as other snow birds in my guild had issues that they shared in meetings.

Just sharing my experience.

Warm Smiles,
Onalee now in Idaho :0)

Originally Posted by quiltdebby View Post
Hello, I am heading to AZ for our winter escape and would like to know if anyone has left rulers in
a trailer type situation for the summer. I am planning on taking some extra rulers and leaving them
this time for the summer. I am going to put them under the bed mattress that is about 12" thick. Will
they be safe and warp free is my question. Thanks for any advice. Deb