Old 10-20-2012, 03:39 PM
chris_quilts

Hello all,
I've been absent from this thread for a bit due to life issues along with work related real work stuff. Had 20+ pages to read up and it has been interesting.
Went to a garage sale today and picked up a treadle from the next-door neighbor. It was his mothers. I believe it is a Singer 27, it's a treadle and all the decals are silvered which actually doesn't bother me too much. It is intact including both slide plates and the puzzle box full of attachments plus some other things. Drawers don't sit correctly and I just chalked it up to age. However, as the guy and I are m oving it from the unheated huge garage towards the light and my van, I realize why it seemed a bit off. It is a Singer machine and possibly cabinet but on Sear, Roebuck & Co. treadle base and one of the drawers had some red wire holding it to the machine so it's unique. The guy said his mother used it all the time and had bought it new in the same cabinet so I don't know how the 2 got married but I did doubt "brand new" when purchased. Somebody also put contact paper (or something else sticky(wallpaper??)) on the top of the cabinet. The design is of large roses or some sort of flower.
In the puzzle box is an attachment which has about 4 or so arms coming out of the body of the attachment. Anyone know what that one is? Never seen one before in person.