Old 10-20-2012, 03:57 PM
J Miller

Originally Posted by thepolyparrot View Post
That's my problem, too, Joe. I like to fix them as much as I like to sew.

I have very few machines left on my wish list now, though. I'd like a back-clamping red eye 66 in perfect condition and a fancy parlor cabinet. I'd like a vertical feed machine for which a good range of needle sizes are easily available. I'd like a 15-125 with Gingerbread decals. Those are about it for me. I really need to thin the herd as it is - they've sort of stacked up, here.
Several weeks ago I picked up two machines that were on my wish list. A 66-1 in decent condition cosmetically but great mechanically, and a 15-91 in about the same shape. The 15-91 was bought specifically for my education in rewiring the potted motor.
The 66-1 cos I had an almost complete set of feet for it and I wanted a machine to match. Now I need a treadle base for it.

My wife and I are in the process of test running each machine to see if we want to keep it or sell it. The two 413s are going to be the first on the block, then perhaps the 3810. After that, we'll go through each one and see how we feel about it. We do have a number of machines that will stay here but other that can go.

Joe