View Single Post
Old 10-20-2012, 07:12 PM
crtwelvecats

I grew up in san diego. it has lots, the zoo which is in balboa park which is full of museums and is beautiful. on a sunday they also have the house of nations. each little cottage represents its country and each one will do a show. you would have to check with the tourist information center for the info. sea world is a must see. old town is where san diego began. it has the whaley house that is haunted that can be toured. lots of delious mexican restarunts. my favorite was casa del sol. above the town is called pasidio park and has a mission there. i don't remember the hours but you can also tour that.( in the summer we would take big hunks of ice and sled down the hills on them.) then there is the bays and beaches. out of the cities listed san diego has more to offer in my opinion. the weather is great too and is not as cold as the other cities. sounds like the other trips are the must sees and they have that covered. up in the same area as knots there is also a wax museum and across the street there is ripplys believe it or not musuem. all of these places can be looked up on the computer if you want to know more about them.san diego also is closer to the other places she is going. so less travel time for example 1 1/2 hours to disneyland and knots compared to about 6 hours from san fransico. i have been to sacroment and san franisico and SD has much more. I hope your DD has a fun and safe trip. I'm sure it will be full of memories for her for years to come. HAVE FUN
Ps. balboa also has a mini railroad museum. the mini landscapes are really nice that they do with those.

Last edited by crtwelvecats; 10-20-2012 at 07:20 PM.