Old 10-20-2012, 08:13 PM
oksewglad
Power Poster

Oh the persuasive nature of QE--she's a walking, talking advertisement for the Canadian fair boards!!! Wish it could be a reality to hop in the car and go, sorry not this year!

But I was able to slip away this afternoon to go to a local Quilt Show-had the 2 yo this am while mom was at a baby shower with the girls. Several FWS quilts there in all sizes and colors. One was of the bright colors and fabrics of fruits and veggies (sorry forgot my camera :-(). Couple CW fabrics. The one that caught my eye was one that had 41 3 " blocks set on point in the center with a dark border and then blocks around this center medallion. Now I'm really wishing I had my camera. But don't think it would work with my blocks as the "background" of the quilt blocks was all the same fabric with coordinating fabrics in the rest of the block. Just tried it in EQ and didn't like it with the blocks I have done. It was fun to see the different color schemes that were used. A nice quick get away, my quilt buddy couldn't go this weekend. Went solo and met up with another solo quilter that I didn't know and had a fun time looking at the quilts with her. Quilters are the same everywhere!