Old 10-21-2012, 01:43 AM
Anastasia

Ok this is a long one. I just finished reading the entire thread.

Originally Posted by irishrose View Post
I had agrophobia at one time and still have trouble leaving the house. Do I want to commit to going out three times a week? Besides, I've herniated L4 and L5 at three times and the weights seem to be bothering those two vertebrae. I have no cartilage in that area so I'm a little cautious. My TV exercises may be better for me. I also have a sunlamp for the months when it isn't as sunny.
I also have agoraphobia. Well, what I officially have is Hypomania bipolar, generalized anxiety disorder and panic attacks and agoraphobia. They like to try to change my bipolar to just major depressive but that’s not accurate, they just don’t see the mania cause who goes to the therapist when they’re having good days? Haha.
I need a sunlamp I think. Northerner here, and like to stay inside..I know when I get up and move and do things then I am less depressed. It’s that willpower to get up that’s hard.
I’m also a teeth grinder and have TMJ (I have braces on to try to fix this)from a car accident where I smacked my head on the console. They have a mouth guard called an Aqualizer. Works REALLY well. It doesn’t dig in to the gums and holds your jaw very gently in a relaxed spot.

Originally Posted by frusratedquilter40 View Post
Cindy I understand about depression it can be very hard to get motivated.I chose to leave my job almosy 2 yrs ago this comming Feb after 23 yrs due to some personal and professional issues with a coworker. I fell into a deep depression would sleepall day for almost a year. Getting on meds helped me at least get up and get started taking classes to finish my 2yr degree. I am 43 and still have days hang in there and definately if you can make yourself get out of the house even just for a short walk it does help.

My thing today is no pop/soda I quit it once for over a year and start up again. Also to eat more veggies and fruit.
Have a great day everyone
Soda is one of my downfalls. I have not been able to give it up completely for more than a month but I can get it down to 1 per day and only diet. If carbonated water was sold by the 3 12pack for $11 deals I would drink that with crystal light stuff instead but nooo.. I need my bubbles that are bad for me and I need the caffeine. I like coffee and tea but I like them with so much other things that they end up being extra calories.
I quit my job too cause I was just a basketcase. It was the worst job in the world for me to be stuck in. I worked in a call center. And while I appreciate their high standards of excellence, I was falling just shy of meeting them and it was making me neurotic. Plus I have a social anxiety problem and being on phones all day every day tethered there because of the major strictness, it just drove me nuts. Literally. I did go on a few different meds to try to make it. We had to stay in one department for 1 year before we could transfer out and I was just trying to make it. When I got to my one year mark, they wrote me up for not meeting their goals… and I just lost it. Completely lost it. Had a mental breakdown, went on a several month medical leave, racked up a huge bill with the therapist.. went back for a week.. lost it again.. went back on medical leave.. then they were like.. you HAVE to come back and the situation WILL be the same.. so I was like.. I can’t. I quit. I had been looking and looking for other jobs but nothing. SO I went back to school to do something I enjoy, and I’ve been going for a year now and loving it and can’t wait to finish and start working in the field.
Originally Posted by irishrose View Post
I want to start eating more regular meals. I feel that would be helpful with controlling my weight. Then I will work on portion control. I went to breakfast with a group this morning. I think I was the only one of twelve who cleaned her plate. I know I have no idea what 'full' means.

Okay, back to the hand sewing - something I avoid at all costs. The only hand sewing on my quilts is the label.

Good night, y'all. Have a clean eating day.
Try eating with your eyes closed and putting your fork down completely after each bite and chewing as slowly and as long as you can.
It takes about 4 weeks to shrink an appetite by eating less. I’ve finally shrunk mine. Now it hurts like heck if I eat too much, and it keeps hurting.. ALLLLL NIGHT.
Also, anyone ever looked at the Eat Right 4 Your Type diets? They’re based on blood type. I did it for awhile, and I felt AMAZING. But it’s a very restrictive diet that I just couldn’t keep up. Do you know how hard it is to find anything that doesn’t have corn OR wheat?! I’m blood type B so it’s like one of the least restrictive diets but holy cripes. Anyways. What sold me on that diet was when they were going through and saying if you’re this type and you eat these foods you probably experience these symptoms.. Sure enough, had every one. I also learned some additional vitamins and mineral supplements to take and those really helped make me feel wonderful. I did that diet for 2 months (I can’t seem to stick to anything consistently for more than 1-2 months, grr) and it was the most wonderful 2 months. It’s really hard to eat right when you’re broke. Hehe. I need to find a person that’s one of those extreme couponers. Get them to hook me up.