Old 10-21-2012, 05:08 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

OKSGlad and GGal ... ... OK OK a girl has to promote her land! ... And remember, one of the perks in working the Royal is the opportunity to see people *like you*!!!! Almost makes it seem more like play, than work ... and to think they pay me for that! I will confess, the droves of kids (upwards to 15,000 per day... UGH!) that come thru during the week, are not my most fun time ... not at all!!!

And BTW you don't have to hop into the car, just jump on a plane! Choose either of the Toronto Airports .... the Island one is just across the water from the Royal and the Pearson is only 1/2 hour taxi, more or less, depending on the traffic ... but our taxi drivers are notorious for getting thru traffic that's impossible (as I think they are everywhere?). AND ... I bet we could get you into the same hotel as I am .... and I could become your taxi! Easy-Peasy!!!

Yes, border crossings since 911 are not the same! It's important to keep your passport updated, just in case!!

What a wonderful afternoon for you OKSGlad ... I have yet to see another FWS IRL and to see several, IMAGINE!! I did see a Sylvia last year at one of the Fairs, never a DJ. You had some interesting layouts worked out before, with blocks on-point in the centre, then regular layout around the edges. That could be very effective ... like two quilts in one.