Old 10-21-2012, 06:48 AM
ccthomas

I had just come from visiting your blog and viewing your quilts. All your quilts are really nice; love your color choice for the Carpenter Star. Good tutorials also.

Originally Posted by England Street Quilts View Post
Hi Clare,

Thanks for visiting my blog and for your interest in my pattern. If you are a confident sewer, I think this project will be fine for you to start with - just read the pattern thoroughly and watch the video a few times first. As MTS said, you do need to be careful about stretch on the bias edges of the blocks but with careful handling and a bit of starch you should get minimal movement. I am a huge fan of starch, but didn't actually use any for this project. I found that just by setting my seams carefully as I added each new strip my strip sets were straight and stretch wasn't a problem.

Thank you to MTS for your tips, they are certainly steps I took when making my Summer in the Park quilt but just took them as assumed knowledge. It just goes to show - you should never assume! Lesson learned. I have now updated my patten with some extra tips, so if you have already downloaded the pattern, you may wish to go and have another look.

If you need any help or advice you can contact me through my blog and I would be more than happy to help. Good luck and happy sewing!

All the best,
Shontelle.