View Single Post
Old 10-21-2012, 06:53 AM
JackieDannenberg

Default Jackie From Alabama

I am very new to quilting. I truly got into it because I bought a new embroidery machine. I went into the sewing machine store to buy just a good straight sewing machine. Well, true to form, I got suckered into the embroidery machine section. I ended up buying a machine on a same as cash basis. The rest is history.
I wanted to buy the machine because I had a cross stitch project that I wanted to make into a quilt. I'd even gone as far as taking quilting lessons 5 year prior (2007) as a learning curve to the quilt. I made a table runner in the classes. Then I had to finish my cross stitch squares - it was a teddy bear alphabet. Between horses and my husband's illnesses therefore requiring my attention, the cross stitch and quilting took a back seat.
In the beginning of this year, after finishing the cross stitch squares, I got serious about finishing it. I finally finished it in May of this year after getting my embroidery machine that also does regular sewing - magnificently I might add.
From there, I did all kinds of quilt squares and sent my first machine embroidery quilt to a long time friend of mine in Vermont. I've learned how to do the stabilizing backing much better since then. I've met a friend who is an expert in quilting and machine embroidery. I am in every true sense addicted as anyone could be. My mind keeps swirling with ideas.
I'll post pictures in the picture section. Happy quilting everyone !

Jackie in Alabama