Old 10-21-2012, 08:01 AM
rainagade

Default My Block 0

I finally said, "that is it, I am spending the day in my sewing room". It was one of those nasty, rainy, windy PNW days with the fireplace going and homemade bread in the oven.

I am not a PP'er so there was a learning curve here. I watched the video and took notes.
I was really excited when I did the center of the block. It sewed up quickly. Rippit only came out once because I did not get my lights and darks in the right order..

Then I did the center, rip rip rippit! My fabric folded over so many times and got in the way. It included some tucks too. I started pinning the excess fabric to hold it out of the way. That worked for me.

Then I did the outside, my dark fabric. It is two pieces and I sewed the narrow ends together, sewed it to the block, pressed it. Shhheessshh rip rip rippit! A few more times too! Oh dear, who folded that fabric over?? rip rip rippit!

The entire afternoon was spent doing ONE block as the rain streamed down my windows. I was thinking this was going to take me forever I am thankful we are not making a block for December, or are we? I will need the catch up month.

Now only 1 block 0 is completely done it is 4 pm DH is hungry....but wait...I loved doing this challenge. So back to my sewing room and I now have centers done to the other 3 block 0's. Maybe it took me 30 minutes to complete this. I think I have the concept down now.

I love that all my points are there! Precision with the PP'ing is terrific.

If anyone wants to leave me some pointers on attaching the other pieces please do.

More PNW weather for today, so back to the sewing room I go.
Attached Thumbnails nybeautybk0-sm.jpg