Old 10-21-2012, 11:28 AM
AngelinaMaria

Default What Janome is comparable to a Babylock Espire (also Symphony)--would like to change.

I got a Babylock Espire last year used from my LQS (it is comparable to the Symphony without embroidery) and haven't really like it except for the nice features like thread cutting, large extension table, automatic threader, moving needle to left or right, ease of using the display panel and chaning stitches, etc. My Espire has very uneven, messy looking stitches (the straight stitch as well as most of the decorative stitches just don't stitch out very nicely). I have an older Janome and was looking at some stitches from that machine last week and realized how much nicer the Janome stitch was.

I am considering trading in the Espire for a comparable Janome. Not sure if I should be looking at the 6600 or the 7700. Can you give me ideas and things I should consider when looking at either of these Janome models? I would like to be as well informed as possible and would like to hear people's perspectives if they have gone from a Babylock to a Janome or vise-versa. The customer service I received from my LQS after purchasing the Babylock was horrible so I don't look forward to giving them more business but they are the only large dealer in the area and the only Babylock or Janome dealer in a huge area. What type of price difference should I expect as well?