Old 10-21-2012, 03:07 PM
tjradj

I have the Janome Horizon 7700 and absolutely love it. Originally it was running about $3000 Can. The prices are coming down now that the new model with embroidery came out - it's basically the same machine with embroidery added. The Horizon has the bells and whistles you mentioned, and as Janome does, it comes with all the different feet, and a large plexiglass extension table. If you have a sewing table that lets the machine drop down, you may want to check if it will fit. This machine has the 11" throat which is GREAT for quilting, but it does make the machine larger and some tables will have to be custom fit. There is a SewEZ and also a Gidget II table available that do fit the larger machine.
FYI, I was at my dealer last week and they were advertising a "new" Janome quilting machine. It is the Jem Platinum. - It's a cutie - it has a lot packed into it - but it's a 3/4 size machine, made for portability - it's only 12 lbs. I think they mean it to compete with the Singer Featherweight in size, but with a lot more features.