Thread: I want this?
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2012, 03:12 PM
PaperPrincess
Power Poster

I have a grace frame, looks very similar to the one in the picture, but the take up roller does not have the crank. I have it set up at 10 feet. It is very sturdy, I have no vibration and the join in the rails is very smooth, no jerk when I go across it. Having said that, I think the movement on my frame is stiff. I can do SITD without a ruler because the carriage really wants to go N-S or E-W. I can do a large to medium curve without much of a problem, but recently, I've tried to do finer quilting, like small stippling and pebbling. I've had lots of problems with pebbles with square corners and jagged stippling. I tried a bit of the same style quilting on a friend's top of the line, high end machine and was much more successful. She has a quilting business and her frame cost as much as my whole set up. The wheels on my carriage (the thing that holds the machine) look identical to the ones in the picture in the link. So, I guess my bottom line is that on the whole, I think the frame is just fine, but is slightly limiting. Is there any way you can try the frame out at a dealers? Even if you have to drive somewhere and make a day trip out of it, I think it would be worth it. There are always lots of posts on which Long Arm to get, but very little is ever mentioned on the frame, which I think is also very important.